The last day to pay the Town of North Hempstead 2014 General taxes—second-half bill without a penalty is Monday, Aug. 11. To avoid a penalty, mailed payments must be postmarked no later than Aug. 11. Receiver of Taxes Charles Berman reminds taxpayers that office postage meters are not official postmarks.
For in-person payments, the Receiver of Taxes office at 200 Plandome Road in Manhasset (Town Hall Annex) will be open from 9 a.m. to 7 p.m. on Aug. 11.
• Taxpayers also can pay in person by check or money order at these locations:
• Friday, Aug. 1, 10 a.m.-noon, Port Washington Parking District, 15 Vanderventer Ave., Port Washington
• Friday, Aug. 1, 1-2 p.m., TONH Dept. of Services for the Aging, 470 Old Westbury Road, Roslyn (off the LIE S. Service Road)
• Monday, Aug. 4, 10 a.m.-noon, Clinton G. Martin Park, Marcus Avenue and New Hyde Park Road, New Hyde Park
• Monday, Aug. 4, 2-3 p.m., Broadway Park, Broadway & County Courthouse Road, Garden City Park
• Tuesday, Aug. 5, 10 a.m.-noon, Fuschillo Park, Carle Road. & Broadmoor Lane, Carle Place
• Tuesday, Aug. 5, 1-2 p.m., Yes We Can Community Center, 141 Garden St., New Cassel
• Wednesday, Aug. 6, 11a.m.-noon, Great Neck Senior Center, Inc., 80 Grace Ave., Great Neck
• Wednesday, Aug. 6, 1-3 p.m., Michael J. Tully Park, Evergreen Avenue, New Hyde Park
• Thursday, Aug. 7, noon-2 p.m., John D. Caemmerer Park, Wentworth Avenue, Albertson
Bring the entire bill when paying in person. A convenience fee is charged to those paying with American Express, Visa, MasterCard or Discover, or by Automatic Electronic Check.
Regular office hours are 9 a.m.-4:45 p.m. Further information is on the Town’s website—www.northhempsteadny.gov—and also available by calling 516-869-7800.
Email payment reminders are available. To sign up, go to the Town website and click “E-News” under the “Stay Connected” feature on the right side of the screen, then follow directions for tax payment alerts. A reminder will be emailed approximately 10 days before the last day to pay the tax without a penalty.
In addition, property owners can register online for free access to their General and School property tax information.