As you are well aware there are two trustee seats up for re-election on March 15. Trustees Manny Zuckerman and Clara Pomerantz , who have served the village with many years of distinction and very little fanfare are seeking your support.
I have resided in East Hills for over 35 years. During this time my family has gotten to know many of you. I have also had the pleasure to volunteer for many committees and serve as the Architectural Review Board chairman and founding member, the Zoning and Tree Review Committee and various other positions, all in order to give something back to a community that has given much to my family. This tenure has allowed me to know and work closely with the existing board. It is these experiences that compel me to talk about why it is important that Manny and Clara are re-elected. Mostly, it is necessary so that the village can continue to flourish. This is a village that has experienced:
• The creation of an award-winning park.
• A flat tax base for many years while the neighboring areas have had substantial increases.
• One of the lowest crime rates in Nassau County despite cut backs in policing.
• Substantial increase in property values as compared to neighboring prestige communities.
• Maintenance of streets, snow removal and other efficiently-run services.
My many years of working with Trustees Zuckerman and Pomerantz have made it obvious that Mayor Michael R. Koblenz has built a team of the peoples’ representatives that not only have the pulse of the community, but know how to get things done without fanfare.
Spencer A. Kanis