The United Plant & Production Workers, Local Union #175, will conduct a recruitment drive in Roslyn Heights from April 15, 2014 through March 31, 2015 for six skilled construction craft laborer apprentices.
Applications may be obtained at the United Plant & Production Workers, Local Union #175, 99 Mineola Ave. Roslyn Heights, from 10 a.m. to 2 p.m. every Tuesday, excluding legal holidays, during the recruitment period.
The committee requires that applicants:
• Must be at least 18 years old
• Must have at least a 10th grade education.
• Must sign a statement indicating that he/she is physically able to perform the work of a skilled construction craft laborer, which includes:
• Working an 8-hour day continually on his/her feet
• Lifting and carrying weights in excess of 95 lbs. for extended periods
• Working in severe weather conditions and extreme temperatures
• Working in restrictive or confined spaces.
• Working at heights of 20 ft. on scaffolds or platforms
• Working in ditches or trenches up to 20 ft. in depth
For further information, applicants should contact their nearest New York State Department of Labor office or United Plant & Production Workers Local Union #175 at 516-487-3110.